WhatsApp has been growing by leaps and bounds with the passing days.
However, the one shocking thing is that the tablet version of the application has not been launched.
Somehow, tablet users have fallen into the blind spot of WhatsApp developers because the smartphone and the web version have both been launched with no news of anything about the tablet version.
Is it completely impossible to use the application on a Tablet? Not at all, this is not entirely true.
There are a number of ways WhatsApp can be used in tablets as well, but in this case, we require some time and patience to get the application up and running.
Installing WhatsApp for iPad:
To install WhatsApp for iPad, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Download the application on the PC or Mac from the iTunes store. Choose the iPhone version only.
- The password has to be entered and set up the app; the file is in the .ipa format. After this is done, the application will require you to click on go or the home button. The itunes has to be open and you will be able to view all the .ipa files.
- You have to ensure that you know which .ipa file you had uploaded before. The file must be placed on desktop.
- You have to ensure that the iFunBox app is installed so that you have access to a .ipa file from your iPad on your desktop.
- The prompt that comes up next requires you to click on install. Installation would be done but you would still not be able to use it.
- Take an iPhone and link it with the Mac. Access iFunBox and tap on user applications within it, which would show you Whatsapp mentioned. Double click the app and open the application. Verify the account and set it up as you normally would.
- Copy and paste the Library and Documents folder from the iPhone to the desktopand disconnect it. Then reconnect the iPad to the PC.
- Again go to the iFunBox and select WhatsApp. This time select the Library and Documents folder on the desktop and replace the one on the iPad with it. So you are actually connecting the iPhone account with your iPad this way. The data from the iPhone WhatsApp can be effectively used here.
Installation of WhatsApp for Android Tablets:
The application is rather easy to install here, and it is known as the Tablet messenger.
- The first step is to connect your phone to the internet through 3G or WiFi. If you don’t want it this way, download WhatsApp APK on any other device, connect it to your tablet install it and use it.
- The rest of the procedure remains the same. Just remember to get the verification code through call and not text since some tablet do not support texting.