iOS 9 and Mac OS X 10 (El Capitane) have been two of the latest releases from Apple in terms of software upgrades.
The company has updated their operating systems to the latest versions.
While the iOS 9.1 update brings new emojis and several smaller bugs which were often complained about, the latest version of the El Capitane now brings to the users improvements in compatibility and security upgrades which were in demand.
Following are the complete release notes officially released by Apple:
The iOS 9.1release includes new features, improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Live Photos now intelligently senses when you raise or lower your iPhone, so that Live Photos will automatically not record these movements
- Over 150 new emoji characters with full support for Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 emojis
- Improved stability including CarPlay, Music, Photos, Safari and Search
- Improved performance while in Multitasking UI
- Fixes an issue that could cause Calendar to become unresponsive in Month view
- Fixes an issue that prevented Game Centre from launching for some users
- Resolves an issue that zoomed the content of some apps
- Resolves an issue that could cause an incorrect unread mail count for POP mail accounts
- Fixes an issue that prevented users from removing recent contacts from new mail or messages
- Fixes an issue that caused some messages to not appear in Mail search results
- Resolves an issue that left a grey bar in the body of an Audio Message
- Fixes an issue that caused activation errors on some carriers
- Fixes an issue that prevented some apps from updating from the App Store
OS X 10.11.1 also adds support for the new emojis, apart from bringing a host of bug fixes, including improved compatibility with Microsoft Office 2016. Here are the release notes:
The OS X El Capitan 10.11.1 update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, and is recommended for all users.
- Improves installer reliability when upgrading to OS X El Capitan
- Improves compatibility with Microsoft Office 2016
- Fixes an issue where outgoing server information may be missing from Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented display of messages and mailboxes in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevents certain Audio Unit plug-ins from functioning properly
- Improves VoiceOver reliability
- Adds over 150 new emoji characters with full Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 support
- Resolves an issue that caused JPEG images to appear as a grey or green box in Preview
Have you updated your devices yet? Comment below and let TheREM know about your experience!